Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Making Churros using Pancake Mix

A couple of weeks ago, I bought this Betty Crocker Pancake Mix. You know those "just add water" boxes? Yep, I bought one. What was I thinking, right? When I made pancakes with it, it was just bleh. I will never make "just add water" pancakes ever again. 

Anyway, I didn't want to throw it away so I thought other ways to use it for, like making churros. Actually, I was craving for churros because I was watching this family's trip to Disneyland that was uploaded on Youtube. And I associate Disneyland with churros. So I craved for churros and made some!


Ingredients:
Dough:
1 cup water
1 cup pancake mix
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp sugar

Cinnamon Sugar:
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Combine water and butter in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once boiled, remove the saucepan from heat and add pancake mix and 1 tsp of sugar. Stir until it forms into a smooth dough.

Pour cooking oil on a frying pan and set the stove to medium-high (around 375 F). With a pastry bag, pipe the dough to about 5-6 inches long and fry until golden brown. Set them on a plate with layers of paper towel to absorb the oil.

Combine 1/2 cup of white sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a bowl. Roll the churros in cinnamon sugar until the whole surface is covered.

Serve and enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. I will make this too! It looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried making this with Gluten Free pancake mix? They look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sensational! I'm such a sucker for fried (fatty), chocolatey (rich) goodness!
    "

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good use of a dodgy mix - nice thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just made these, so tasty! Will definitely make them again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just made this and i 100% recommend they are so yummy and stupid easy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...