Monday, January 20, 2014

Make Your Own Cork Stamps

We collected the cork from the wine bottles that we had during the holidays and turned them into.... cork stamps! Valentine's Day is coming that's why we made these heart stamps. <3 p="">


You will need: wine cork, X-acto knife, pencil, stamp pad and paper. Just make sure that the cork has a smooth surface. If it doesn't, you can slice a thin layer with your knife to even it out.


With a pencil, draw your design on the cork's surface. I'm not so much of a stamp carving addict, so I can only do basic shapes. Haha!


Cut around your design with a knife about 3 or 4 millimeters deep, then slice the excess part cross wise. Be careful, do not slice the whole thing or you might cut off your design.


Is the heart shape too difficult? Try making triangles! I didn't struggle too much with that. How about just leaving your cork as is? Then you will have a circle stamp!


Cork stamps are not perfect because they are not even and sometimes they have deep holes that you can't really fix. That's why this heart stamp has an uncolored area in the middle. But that's okay. I still like how it turned out!


4 comments:

  1. These are really neat! I picked up a bag of corks at a yard sale recently, I will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing your tutorial!

    Linda @ MixedKreations

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea, I love the texture it gives the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys, I'm glad that you like the idea! Thanks for the comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...