Thursday, November 28, 2013

Making a Gallery Wall

Hello! This is just a short and quick post. I'm going to share with you how I made the gallery wall in our apartment. My sister and I bought wall art and assigned which ones to put on our living room wall.

First of all, you need to make a mock up with newspaper. Trace the frames on the newspaper and lay them out on the floor. Check which configuration will work best. When you're satisfied with the layout, use tape to hang the newspaper cutouts onto the wall.

Since we're just renting, we are not allowed to drill holes on the walls. So we used 3M Command Strips as hooks instead. They have different kinds of hooks that can hold a certain weight. We also used the strips to hang the full length mirror. Make sure that you clean the wall with alcohol and carefully follow the instructions in the packaging.

And you need to wait for about an hour before you can hang your wall art.

I didn't have proper hooks for plates but I saw somewhere in the internet that you can use hot glue and metal paper clips for small plates. But I also secured it with duct tape just to be sure.

And here is the final product! 

And you're all done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...