Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Katha Magazine's Craft Workshop with Muni and Moonleaf

Hi guys! Let me share with you how my weekend went at Moonleaf. Muni has invited Katha Magazine to participate in The Better Closet and the launch of Muni x Moonleaf 2014 planner last November 16. It was a busy and tiring day, but all of us had fun!



There were a lot of good finds at The Better Closet. Lando was able to snag a nice wool jacket for P320. Such a good deal! Unfortunately for me, I used my money for shopping at Hallmark that day so I didnt get to buy clothes.


We set up our booth outside and we sold craft items like my pine tree candle holder, Allies stamped post cards, Dreas Merbirds, Gelis cute paper bags and Ayas scrapbooking paper. We were glad that we sold many of our items as 100% of the money we earned were for the people affected by the Typhoon Yolanda.


Aside from that, Katha also put together a free craft workshop. We made upcycled holiday projects, facilitated by yours truly :)




So what were the projects that we did? We made fancy snow globes out of glass jars, glitter glue and glitter powder


we also made pillow boxes from toilet paper cardboard tubes and scrapbooking paper


And finally we made magazine tassel garlands, which you can find my tutorial here. Cai from Moonleaf let us hang our masterpiece at one of their cork boards.


That was my first time to teach in a workshop and I was pretty nervous. But all is well! Im proud of what my students did!


My favorite student was Keisha, our youngest participant. She really loves crafting and didnt really need that much assistance! She got addicted to decorating her pillow boxes with washi tape :)


If you want to know how to make the craft projects that we did that day, dont worry! Im going to post the tutorials here on my blog ;) So stay tuned!

For the mean time, please do check out our catalog and participate on our online auction, Padayon. Just like our booth at Moonleaf, 100% of the proceeds will go to the Philippine Red Cross and it will definitely help the people affected by the typhoon. 


Photos via Katha Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...