Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chocolate Covered Potato Chips

Incase you haven't seen the second issue of Katha Magazine, you can read it on Issuu here. I did a write up on how to make these easy chocolate covered potato chips that you can serve at a party. At first I thought these wouldn't work, but when I tasted them the saltiness of the chips even complemented the sweetness of the chocolate.


There are three things that you will need:
1. A bag of potato chips (Net Weight 9 oz) -I prefer to use potato chips with ridges like Ruffles.
2. 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
3. ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract

Directions:
1. Make sure that the pot you will be using is completely dry. Even a small amount of water can cause the chocolate to be clumpy.

2. In a double boiler, slowly melt the chocolate. Once it has melted, mix ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract
into the chocolate. You only need that much, if you add too much of the mint extract, the flavor might
be too strong and you won’t get to appreciate the chocolate-salt flavor.

3. From there, you can either dunk the potato chips one at a time on the pot of melted chocolate, or you can use a spoon to scoop the chocolate and pour it over the potato chip. Set it aside on a sheet of parchment paper and wait for it.

2 comments:

  1. I APPROVE OF THIS! :) My friends don't get my thing for dipping salty chips in Nutella (actually, anything cheesy is my favorite) but it's not as weird as they think! Will definitely try this.

    Btw, Katha Magazine led me here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try chips and Nutella! Thanks for the idea and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...