If you are planning to give your friends earrings, bracelets, or small items for Christmas, then you can make these cute pillow boxes. And guess what? These are made from cardboard tubes that are found in toilet paper rolls! Way to go to recycle this Christmas!
- cardboard tubes
- materials for decorating like wrapping paper, ribbons, washi tape, twine
1. You need to collect the cardboard tubes from toilet paper rolls
2. Flatten it to make creases at the sides
3. Open the tube a bit
4. Press the edge of the tube with your thumb.
5. That's going to be the flap for your pillow box. Now do this on both sides.
6. And you have a pillow box!
I decorated my pillow boxes in three ways (but they all look similar haha)
- Wrapping paper and yarn. I got the wrapping paper at the Rockwell holiday fair.
- Origami paper and ribbon. The origami paper is from Muji while I got the ribbon at the Hallmark sale.
- Washi tape and twine. Of course, the washi tape has got to be in Christmas colors.
It's still a bit early, but I already want to say this to all: Happy (handmade) Holidays!