Sunday, October 20, 2013

Personalized Baby Gift Basket

Today was my first time to be a godparent in a baby's baptism. As for my gift, I decided to make it extra special by picking out nice things and placing them in a basket, like those goodie baskets we see in the supermarket during the holidays. My theme was "Bedtime with Baby" so I placed some things that the mom and the baby could use for sleeping time.


What's inside my baby gift basket?
1. A onesie - the baby could wear something nice and comfortable during sleeping time. 
2. A baby blanket - this blanket is so light and soft, I could wrap my face with it the whole day.
3. Three pairs of socks - of course, to keep the baby's feet nice and warm
4. Story book - you gotta read a story book to your little one before going to bed.
5. Chocolate - I just wanted to put something sweet in there. And nope, this isn't for the baby. It's mommy's midnight snack.

I was supposed to buy baby oil because mommies usually soothe babies to sleep by massaging them with oil. Unfortunately I ran out of time to buy that.


Then just stuff all the items in a basket. I got this cheap rubbery type at the Japanese store. To make it look more presentable, you can add colored tissue paper before putting the things. I also placed balls of crumpled paper at the bottom of the basket to add height when you put the items.

This idea is not just for baby baptisms, you could also make this for a baby shower or a baby's first birthday. You could also make a "Bath Time with Baby" basket where you can put shampoo bottles, towels, diaper, wipes, a rubber duckie, and other cute things. Or a "Meal Time with Baby" basket with a bib, some baby food, and milk bottles. The choices are endless. And I'm sure the mommy and the baby will appreciate it!


5 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest idea ever. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody expecting a baby? Why not put together or choose an adorable baby basket just for a baby girl or baby boy from one of the online sites that sell good quality gift baskets. Specially made baby baskets are perfect for baby showers, or for welcoming a new baby home from the hospital and is even suitable for congratulating the new parents on their little pride and joy.
    gift basket

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find many bow holders that had more than one ribbon hanging but this one is perfect. personalised books for childrens

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...