Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pinwheel Turned Marbled Cookie Fail

Few weeks ago, I planned on making those pretty pinwheel cookies that you see in fancy recipe books. So I followed the instructions, which is to make a brown colored batch and white colored batch. I flattened them into thin layers and stacked them on top of each other. Then I rolled it and placed it in the freezer.

But I was so impatient that I took it out from the freezer too soon. So when it was time to cut them, they turned out to be mushy pinwheel cookies. 

Of course I didn't want my failed pinwheel cookies to go to the trash so I just pinched and rolled them with my hands until they looked marbled. Well... they looked too marbled that they kind of remind me of the shape of typhoons that I see in the news.


Anyway, they looked pretty decent. I just spread a dollop of cookie butter on each cookie and turned it into a sandwich. Not bad I suppose. I know this post isn't a tutorial, but at least now I know that I'm not supposed to be impatient when freezing my cookie dough.

What are your baking fail moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...