Thursday, August 29, 2013

Stamped Sugar Cookies

Hi all! I'm so sorry for this late post. We've been quite busy in the office that's why I didn't have time to update my blog. But anyway, enough excuses. I'm going to share this famous cookie dough recipe by Cookie Monster. This recipe is found in the 1st volume of Sesame Street books. I have been using this recipe since I was 7 years old. And believe me, you can use it any way you want it. Cookie Monster has tons of ideas on how to use this cookie dough in the other volumes.


I thought of ways on how to personalize cookies so I did an experiment using my rubber stamps. It's easy to stamp on cookies with this kind of recipe since it holds its original shape and does not sink when you bake it. 


This is a great gift idea if you want to leave notes or messages on your cookies. My niece loved reading all the words and also loved eating them.


Anyway, here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Soften the butter and combine with sugar in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Beat the eggs separately and pour over mixture. Add vanilla and blend everything well together. Gradually add in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well using a spatula or using your hands. Chill the dough for 1 hour.

After chilling, roll the dough to about 1/4" thick. Use a cookie cutter, or a drinking glass about 2-3" diameter to cut your dough. Chill them again for 15 minutes.

Clean your rubber stamps with warm soapy water. Dip each stamp in flour before using them. When your dough is firm enough, bring them out and stamp away. Bake in the oven at 350 F for 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...