Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Spray Painted Ombre Glass Bottles

Last weekend I did an upcycle project on glass bottles. I turned them into flower vases and spray painted them ombre-style. (Those are fake flowers by the way, haha)


My sister, who is a graduate of industrial design, has a collection of bottles that she used for her packaging class. She doesn't need them anymore so I asked her if I can have them. 


I removed the labels, washed the bottles, and wiped them dry. Make sure you cover the floor with newspaper so that the spray paint won't mess up your flooring. And then place the bottles upside down. I sprayed about 2 coats of white paint with flat finish.


While the white paint was drying, I took a photo of the spray paint that I was going to use as accent colors for my bottles. The colors are (not so) baby pink, cool green, and lilac. I bought these at the hardware store.


Your bottles should still be upside down. When using your accent spray paint, aim your nozzle at the bottle's bottom about 10 inches away and at an angle. You should be able to cover half of the bottle. Sorry I don't have a photo of me doing it, I couldn't take a photo and spray at the same time. But I made this so others can visualize what I did:


The effect should look like this: Saturated at the bottom, and it gets lighter and lighter to the top.


Wait for it to completely dry before you can use them. I bought these fake flowers at the department store and placed these vases in my bedroom. If you're into fresh flowers, then I guess that's better :)


And you're done!




11 comments:

  1. Cachi these are so pretty! I want to do this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee thanks! Try making them! I was also inspired by the hanging glass bottle vase from Frankie that you pinned :)

      Delete
  2. This is one of the most important blogs that I have seen, keep it up!
    alexandria va drywall repair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fastidious blog you’ve got here. I’ve ever been seeing you just about many blogs recently.

    painters woodbridge va

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blogs are valuable because these are providing such informative information for all the people. UK Plaster Coving

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stuff in this blog is in not only incredible but also providing the great knowledge to the people. japbyg

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! stukadoor-nederland

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suppose I've selected an unbelievable and interesting blog. Bignold Painting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...