Monday, July 22, 2013

My Experiment on Mac and Cheese with Broccoli

When I was younger, we didn't really have mac and cheese for snack time. Because we usually had pancit canton. I know mac and cheese is a popular snack for kids. My niece loves this but I think it's better if you cook it home made than eat the boxed kind. So I had to experiment and make my own version of mac and cheese - with broccoli too.


Ingredients:
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese spread
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped (maybe around 2 cups too?)
- pinch of salt and pepper

1. Chop the broccoli and boil until cooked. Drain with a strainer and set this aside.
2. Pour 2 cups of milk in a pot, and 2 cups of macaroni. Let it cook for around 5 minutes. 
3. When it's starting to get thick and bubbly, add the cheddar cheese. I had a bottle of McCormick Parmesan Bread Spread that I don't really use, so I added this on my mac and cheese.
4. Mix mix mix. Turn off the heat and add the broccoli.


The result is an ooey gooey cheesy mac and cheese. I like it. Not bad for my first attempt. But I do recommend adding different kinds of cheese, not just the cheddar type, for more flavor.

How do you want your mac and cheese? Should it be creamy? Should it be milky? Or do you overload it with cheese?

1 comment:

  1. This is outstanding information and the best opportunity for the people who want to learn the great knowledge. affordable health insurance plans in florida

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...