For the past couple of weeks everyone has been crazy about these minion happy meal toys from McDonald's.
They're so adorable, I have to admit. I was actually lucky that I got these before they ran out. Inspired by these cute yellow creatures, I will show you how to make your own minion paper doll.
You will need:
- yellow, blue, grey, black and white construction paper,
- glue stick
- circular fastener
Here are the step by step photos. (Sorry about the bad lighting)
1. First, cut the yellow paper into shape of an oblong.
2. Cut the blue paper into a half oblong and cut out rectangles on both sides. That will be the minion's uniform.
3. Add the eyes using two grey circles, two white circles that are slightly smaller, and two tiny circles (you may use a puncher for this).
4. And then cut out the legs and paste them on to the body.
5. Make the arms and to attach them, use two circular fasteners. This will make the arms move. You may also do this for the legs.
I just drew the hair and the smile using a black marker. And that's it! It's easy and kids will have fun making this.
By the way, I haven't seen Despicable Me 2. I think almost everyday this movie is sold out in theatres. That's how popular the it is! I guess it's because of the minion craze :)
EDIT: I made a printable minion template as requested :)
Click here to download a printable A4 template.