Here's a smoothie recipe perfect for a hot day. The lemongrass gives the it an unexpected zing and the basil makes it even more refreshing. Enjoy!
- 4 stalks of lemongrass
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups diced ripe mango
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- ice cubes
- honey or stevia (to taste)
- Boil the water and lemongrass stalks. Let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Pour the water over a bowl with strainer and set it aside.
- Place the mango, basil leaves and lemongrass water in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes in the blender and blend some more
- If you want the smoothie to be a little sweeter, add honey or stevia