Friday, June 14, 2013

Decorate Your Pencils with Washi Tape

Hi guys. I took a long break from blogging because I was reviewing for my licensure exams. And now that the exams are over, all I have to do is to wait for the results and go on with my life.

I have left over #2 pencils from the exams, five of the six pencils that I bought were not used. Of course I will still be able to use these in the future when I return to work. To make these pencils a little livelier, I decorated them with washi tape.



Bought these rolls of washi tape from Hey Kessy. Some of these are from their new collection.



Just cut a strip of washi tape with the same length as your pencil. Stick it on to the pencil and carefully spread it, making sure that there are no air bubbles left. Do this step twice, as the pencil needs two strips of tape to be completely covered.



Then when you're done, trim the edges and sharpen your pencils.



Tadaaa! Your boring yellow pencils are now bright and colorful.




Here's another shot of the finished product. Look how pretty they are now that they're clad in patterns.



This project is so easy, even kids can do this and use their decorated pencils in school. It's good to be back! I will write more on this blog now that I have enough time for it :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi! These are really pretty. The tape doesn't interfere with the sharpening, gunk up the sharpener?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ree. The washi tape does not interfere with the sharpening. If you ever encounter dark marks on the tape after sharpening, you can clean it with a rubber eraser.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I really like your blog and your inspiration ! keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mmaxine! I just created a Facebook page, please don't forget to like! :)

      Delete
  3. I like your blog..when craftingbis involved, I'm all for it! Visit my blog at www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! nice work, do you think these washi tapes are available in national bookstore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi A! National Bookstore has the shiny ones made of plastic. For washi tape like the ones in my post, you can get them online at Hey Kessy. :)

      Delete
  5. So cute! Mongol #2 pencils are the BEST! My engineer Dad has always used them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...