Friday, March 29, 2013

Decorate Your Easter Eggs with Rubber Bands

Today I experimented with acrylic paint and rubber bands to decorate our easter eggs. It did not come out as clean as I expected, but in the end I liked how they turned out. It's still worth blogging!


I just grabbed eggs in our fridge. It was a bit frustrating when I found out that our eggs weren't white. It's weird when your family tries to go organic.


For the first design, I wrapped the rubber bands first before painting them with gold.


Then I let the the gold paint dry by placing the egg on a shot glass or an egg holder.


For the next design, I painted the egg with gold first,



Placed the rubber bands,




Then painted another layer of acrylic paint. I removed the rubber bands one by one using a pair of tweezers.



What I didn't know was if you coat the egg with a thick layer of acrylic paint, no matter how long you wait for it to dry, the paint will still be elastic (like latex).


The paint stuck to the rubber bands that's why the results were a little bit messy.



 But I enjoyed doing this craft project and I can't wait to make deviled eggs with these!


Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It was a bit frustrating when I found out that our eggs weren't white. It's weird when your family tries to go organic.easter egg hunts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...