Saturday, February 2, 2013

Valentine Cards with Origami Paper

See how time flies? It's already February and it's the season of love. Do you already have plans for Valentines Day? I don't! Haha. Despite being dateless I made Valentine cards for my loved ones.

I remember I bought these cute origami paper from Muji (it's about 6" x 6") and decided to use them this season.


The materials for this craft project are: origami paper, alphabet rubber stamp, white cardstock paper, red paper, glue.

If you don't have these materials, you can substitute origami paper with an old wrapping paper, you can print your note or write them manually instead of using rubber stamp, you can use plain bond paper if there is no card stock.


I just cut out a box in the origami paper and used my rubber stamps to write down my note. If you have a heart shaped puncher, you can punch hearts on your origami paper and use red paper as backing. But if you don't have a craft punch them just fold the paper and cut hearts manually. 



Here I cut out a big circle in the middle of my origami paper and used kraft paper to write down my message.


And just glue everything together.


It's so quick and easy, even 4 year olds can do this.



I had leftover scraps from the previous two greeting cards and I did not put them to waste by cutting more hearts and bows for another set of cards!


Aren't these origami papers pretty? Japanese people are genius for inventing this paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...