Sunday, January 27, 2013

Upcycled Pine Tree Branch Candle Holder


When our office was about to dispose our Christmas tree early this month, I asked them if I could keep the trunk so I could use it for a craft project. I have been eyeing this birch branch votive set from Terrain and thought about doing a pine tree version.


I didn't have the right tools for this project so I was lucky that the carpenter from the maintenance department where my mom works was kind enough to help me. 


I asked him to cut the tree crosswise in 4 inches, 3 inches, and 2 inches. The smaller the diameter, the shorter the cut.


This was the result:


And then he sanded both ends to produce a smooth surface. The dust from the pine made the workshop smell like Christmas!


Sanding the surface also brought out the nice rings of the tree. Look at the pretty circles!



I traced the tea light candle on the wood and the carpenter drilled through it.


Here is the end product:


Different sizes from two to four inches tall.


They look nice when lit up.



You could still smell the pine tree and the sap is still there. I am thinking of applying a coat of varnish to protect the candle holders from insects.


You like? :)


I want to make more of these but the next batch of pine tree won't be around until Christmas time. I am considering a different tree though. I just need to look for a place to find good tree branches.



11 comments:

  1. So beautifull and natural i lov3 ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socuute !


    http://madeinmarie.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing so gonna do this at xmas with my sisters tree. My mum loves the smell of pine so she'd love this as a gift as we cant have a real tree anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! This would be a perfect gift for your mom, Larissa :)

      Delete
  4. I want to make more of these but the next batch of pine tree won't be around until ... candlebulk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a certain point you reach in life where you think that there is no hope. i was at that point when my husband of 4 years just walked away from me. but thanks to the DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE who helped me bring back my husband who left me for another girl and the lovely time we shared together. i did everything as instructed by Dr.Agbazara,And after 48hours my husband came back begging me on his kneels to accept him back. if you know your love is what saving and sacrificing for, contact DR.AGBAZARA of AGBAZARA TEMPLE today on his contact and see what great joy you will expirence like i am expirencing now. via:

    (agbazara@gmail.com) OR call him on (+2348104102662).

    From USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife has been suffering from thyroid cancer which was confirmed to be stage four, the doctor told me there was little he could do since she wasn’t responding to treatment but a friend of mine came to our rescue by ordering this cannabis oil from Shakes Spear which he said has been helping some patient fight against cancer of various types so we decided to give it a chance, so far my wife is improving perfectly very well and presently she can walk around the house all by herself. I felt its necessary i let others who are suffering from this acute disease that once you have a good cannabis oil it can really give one a sound second chance of living. by
    chance if you happen to be in need of this cannabis oil you can contact Shakes Spear who supplied I and my wife with this email: shakesspear23@yahoo.com OR shakesspear23@gmail.com

    HE FIX THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS TO ALL
    ACROSS THE GLOBE ON:
    1. Getting your lover or husband back
    2. Spiritual bulletproof
    3. Training
    4. Money spell
    5. Long life spell
    6. Prosperity spell
    7. Protection spell
    8. Get a job spell
    9. Becoming a manager spell
    10. Get a huge loan without paying any fee spell
    11. Getting your scam money back
    12. Child spell
    13. Pregnancy spell
    14. Freedom spell
    15. Love spell
    16, vanishing spell
    17. Invisible human spell
    18. Success or pass spell
    19. Marriage spell
    20. Avenging spell
    21. Popularity spell
    22. Killing spell
    23. Cancer spell
    24. Supernatural power spell
    25. Madness spell
    26. Free house loan spell
    27. Production spell of films and movie
    28. Hiv/aids spell
    29. Tuberculosis spell
    30. Loose weight and body spell

    contact me of any of these problem as I got solution to all... MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS:shakesspear23@yahoo.com OR shakesspear23@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get your Spell Cast in the Great Shakes Spear Home of Spell...Make your Lover and your Ex-Lover love you the more without looking at others...


    Fertility Spell,
    Love Spells,
    Lotto Winner,
    Money Spells,
    Job Spell,
    Coupons Luck,
    Lost Love Spells,
    Divorce Spells,
    Magic Spells,
    Protection Spells,
    witchcraft spells,
    Death Spells,
    Voodoo Dolls,
    Hoodoo Spells,
    Forget Me Spells,
    Evil Eye Spells,
    Kissing Spell,
    Venus Spell,
    Make An Enemy Move Away Spell,
    Aura Cleansing,
    Sand Healing,
    Crystal Healing,
    I Want Him/Her Back Spells,
    Beauty Spells,
    Break Up A Relationship Spells,
    Protection Spells,
    Remove Sickness Spells ,
    AND MORE

    Email:shakesspear23@yahoo.com OR shakesspear23@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...