Sunday, December 2, 2012

Make Your Own Christmas Wrapping Paper

I like buying gift wrapping paper before Christmas. In my honest opinion, the bookstores sell the nice patterns during off-peak season. When it's Christmas time, the patterns that you will only see are christmas balls, santa, reindeers, and so on. I get really bored with those designs that's why I choose to buy my wrappers before Christmas. Around... May, June, July. Haha.

If you are tired of the traditional gift wrapping paper, then I guess you can make your own. Personalized wrapping paper makes your gift even more special. All you will need are kraft paper, some Washi tape, paint brush, poster paint, and yarn.


First method is the Washi tape. You can just go crazy with the way you lay out your Washi tape on the kraft paper. And I also used a brown yard for the ribbon. This makes the colors and pattern of the Washi tapes stand out.


Another way to make personalized Christmas wrapping paper is by painting your own design. Here I used white and gold poster paint on kraft paper and just painted freely. What I like about this is that you don't have to be too perfect with the way you paint your wrapping paper. It just shows that it's handmade with love <3


Once it dries you can go ahead and wrap your gift with the painted wrapping paper. I used the same brown yard for the ribbon.


These are two easy ways to make your own wrapping paper this Christmas season. I will hopefully come up with more gift wrapping paper designs and post them on my blog. I have this dream of having a small shop where I can sell my personalized wrapping paper. But I still need to get feedback from people if they like my designs or they still need improvement. So for the mean time I will practice my craft and get better at it!


4 comments:

  1. Ang ganda ng painted kraft paper! I wanna make some too!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this so much! I would never ever think of this, but it looks so simple and so beautiful!! Thanks for the great idea!
    Philadelphia Property Management company

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...