Thursday, December 27, 2012

Make Your Greeting Card out of Recycled Wrapping Paper

Aside from receiving beautiful gifts this Christmas, we also received so many beautiful wrapping papers. My sister had a brilliant idea: what better way to do with them than recycling into greeting cards?

You will need:
Used wrapping paper (one with patterns, one solid color), used brown paper bag, ruler, pencil, scissors, glue.



Cut the solid color paper into thick strips. Then cut the patterned paper into slightly thinner strips. Glue the patterned paper on top of the solid color paper.


 Like this:


Cut your brown paper bag into the size of a greeting card.


Glue the wrapping paper strips on the brown paper. You may place them horizontally or vertically on one side.


And then you may dress it up some more using rubber stamps or just your handwriting. Then write your dedication inside the card.


The holiday season is not yet over. It's not yet too late to give out greeting cards to your loved ones!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Just want to tell you that I love your blog. Hope to meet you soon, I think you're friends with Allie? Let's craft together!

    <3
    Drea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Drea,

      Yes I am friends with Allie and she told me about you last weekend. I checked your blog today and I like your posts, most especially your Merbird character :) Anyway, I would love to meet you some day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...