Sunday, December 23, 2012

Easy DIY Washi Wooden Pegs


Hello again! Today I made washi wooden pegs


I saw these wooden clothespins during one of my unnecessary trips to Daiso after work, and  impulsively bought them.


I have been thinking about making these washi wooden pegs to hold my notes and reminders in the office. It's very easy to make and what you need are: 

wooden pegs, rolls of washi tapes, white glue, a pair of scissors, and some magnet that's soft and easy to cut (or if you have thin strips, then that's fine and you don't have to cut them)


First just stick the washi tape on to your wooden pegs. Trim the excess, and do it on the other side.


After that, cut your magnet into small strips. Apply glue,


And stick your magnet onto the wooden peg. Let it dry for a few minutes.


They are so quick and easy to make, I finished the whole pack of 36 pegs. And of course since it's Christmas season, I will be giving these away as gifts for my friends and family.

Here I made a Japanese Floral bundle:


Here's a Girly Pink bundle:


Here's the Stripes bundle:



And the special prints bundle:


I recently bought the new washi tape designs from HeyKessy, which includes that special winterflake and pyramid patterns.


So once the glue has dried up, you can now put them on your fridge or on your workstation in the office. :)


Yay!

9 comments:

  1. These are pretty! :D I wanted to buy from Hey Kessy's latest set of designs too, pero sobrang quota na ako sa washi tapes hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hehe, bigyan kita ng mga washi wooden pegs gusto mo? :)

    That lady from HeyKessy is so nice in her emails. Wala lang. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay! Yes I'd like that! Craft exchange tayo haha!

    Yup Mansy's super nice! Di tayo nagkakalayo sa age actually hahaha. If makasama ka next year to one of the crafty things, I'll introduce you because she's usually around! :D

    Merry Christmas Cachi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I'd love that :) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Catherine,

    What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of clothespin crafts! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/link-love-clothespin-crafts/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia! Thank you so much for featuring my project on your site! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi! Where did you buy the magnets?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!! Do you have another idea how to use these cute pins on a non-magnetic surface? I was also planning to use them for notes for my bar exam after graduation. But I don't have any magnetic surface to attach them to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...