Saturday, September 29, 2012

The New Girl's Bedroom

Hello! Yes I know it has been a while. I haven't posted anything in my blog because I got busy with work and my laptop's broken and there's no internet and... okay enough excuses.

So it's the start of fall which means it's the start of new seasons for my favorite TV shows! One of my favorite shows is New Girl. I was watching it yesterday and this was what I saw at the first scene:


And I had to rewind it to that part over and over again and I had to pause it at get a screen shot just to take a good look at it. Isn't Jess Day's room as fun and sunny as her personality?


Photo by Fox Broadcasting

What I love about the architecture of her bedroom is that it's got a huge window, which is a good thing for an apartment bedroom. There's the raw exposed brick wall and concrete windowsill flooring, and that nice metal sliding door for her closet. The industrial character of the room is added with a splash of blue paint, and mixed with quirky accessories.

(I found a close paint color from Behr - Teal Zeal 500D-5)


Her wall has botanical illustrations and pops of unexpected art like that popsicle painting and the ikat fabric.


Jess warms her room up with her choices of furniture, fabric and accessories.


Black Floral Duvet Cover - Natural Bed CompanyHeathered Chenille Jute Rug - Pottery BarnThomas Paul Turtle Pillow - Eerie DriveHot Pink Ikat Pillow - Tonic LivingDagmar Night Stand - AnthropologieGilded Propagation Lamp Ensemble - AnthropologieCeramic Branch Table Lamp - West Elm

The side tables don't have to be matching and the table lamps do not have to be the same height. It's all part of the quirky personality of the room. Even the pillows are not matching and yet it still works. Here's a quick view of the accessories combined with the wall paint and materials:


What do you guys think? You guys should give me suggestions on where to find more accessories with a quirky personality.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much for this! Especially for finding a similar paint color to the teal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent post here. I like that very much.velvet pillow covers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this great tips! Its really very helpful Good job
    quilt cover set

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...