Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fruit Flavored Ice Cubes

Make fruit ice cubes to add color and flavor to your drinks. It also gives plain water a refreshing taste. It's simple, it's cheap, and the only things that you need are fruits and water. As an experiment, I placed lemon slices on ice cube trays and filled them with water. 


I added these lemon cubes on my mango juice and made the tangy flavors pop. This version is too simple though. So you might want to explore other combinations like watermelon-basil, cucumber-lime-mint, or lavender lemonade. All recipes from Covet Garden:



From Covet Garden


I wasn't able to make that crystal clear ice cubes. I read that the technique is to use purified boiled water and the ice cube tray must be really clean. I did boil the water, but I wasn't sure if the ice cube tray was super spotless.


Next time I'm going to try mint ice cubes that can probably be paired with lemonade. Or maybe strawberry ice cubes on sparkling water. Those bright reds, greens, and yellows in your drinks will definitely be a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...