1. Watercolor Paper Roses
I found instructions on marthastewart on how to do the coffee filter roses. Also here is a video from JenMarissa and it's easy to understand
- First you need to download the templates here. You will need eight coffee filters for a full bloom.
- Trace the template on your coffee filters and cut them. After this wrap the coffee filter petals around the wire (in order). Secure them with tape for every petal
- Paint the petals with the base color using water color. Make sure your paint is has plenty of water because the coffee filter is very absorbent.
- Once it has dried out, your can paint the edges of the petals with a different color. And let it dry once more.
- After your flower has been fully dried out, your can open up the petals by gently pulling them so that your flower can have a full bloom look.
I went crazy with the watercolor that's why my paper roses look "watercolory"
2. Cupcake Liner Peonies
I found the instructions for the paper peonies through Michella Marie. She used coffee filters but in my case, since I don't have that kind of coffee filter, I just used cupcake liners. The liners are pretty thin so I had to be extra careful.
- Fold the cupcake liners and round the edges. I only have one size of cupcake liner so for the first few layers, you might want to cut the liner shorter.
- Pinch and twist the liners one by one and midway, wrap the end with floral tape. Then keep adding the next layers until it's done.